Monday 17 September 2012

The Confession






The subject matter of this book is wrongful prosecution and the miscarriage of justice. For every innocent man sent to prison, there is a guilty one left on the outside. This whole book is about an innocent man who gets sent to death row for a crime he did not commit. He is about to be executed, and only the guilty man can save his life.


So this summer I read The Confession by John Grisham. The reason why I read this book, is because I was headed to Spain and looking for a good book to bring with me on vacation. At the airport the book really stood out with its bold, gold front page. I know it's said that you can't judge a book by it's cover, but when I'm out to by a book, I choose the once with a interesting and outstanding cover!

I thought that the book was very good, thrilling, fast paced and gripping. I found it very interesting because it's about injustice, and the book really grips! Not only is the plot amazing, but I also think it's very well written.
The one thing I didn't really liked about this book, is that Grisham jumps allot back and forth between the characters. 
The Confession is not a "feel good-book", but it's very good, and it makes you think. 

I would highly recommend this book!

-Ce-

No comments:

Post a Comment